Most people are aware of their posture. They know that they should be standing up straight and they know they should be keeping their shoulders back… But have they really thought about why their posture is important? True, a person will physically look better when they have good posture however, there’s more to it than that. There are real health benefits of good posture and health problems related to poor posture!
Good posture helps your overall health, some benefits include:
- Improved digestive function
- Better lung capacity
- Higher fitness/flexibility levels
Poor posture can create a progression of health problems, some include:
- Fatigue…that constant tired feeling. When a person has poor posture their muscles have to work double time to hold themselves up.
- Tightness & Soreness…more than 80% of neck and back pain is the result of many years of poor posture.
- Joint Stiffness/Pain…poor posture and limited mobility increase the likelihood of arthritis & osteoarthritis.
Don’t let your posture limit your life!
Visit our clinic today and receive a complete posture analysis.
Call us to schedule your appointment at (630) 629-9500!