Accepting New Patients!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What Should I Expect for the Initial Vistis?
Day One (Initial visit):
- A one-on-one consultation with the doctor will be done to discuss your health issues and goals and to help determine what may be the cause.
- A comprehensive examination and evaluation including necessary diagnostic tests. Includes tests such as postural evaluation, orthopedic tests, neurological tests and range of motion.
- The doctor will advise you if additional laboratory tests, computerized nerve testing or x-rays are needed.
- You will be asked to schedule a special follow-up appointment called the “Report of Findings” at which time the cause of your current condition will be discussed.
Day Two (Report of Findings):
- The doctor will do a thorough explanation of your case. Examination and diagnostic test findings will be discussed. The doctor will be giving recommendations and options for starting care.
- Initiate care and start on your path to reaching your optimal level of health and wellness!
How does chiropractic work?
Chiropractic works by restoring your body’s inborn ability to be healthy. When under the proper control of your nervous system, all the cells, tissues, and organs of your body are designed to resist disease and ill health. The chiropractic approach to better health is to locate and remove interferences (subluxations, misaligned vertebrae) to your nervous system. With improved spinal function, there is improved nervous system function. The goal of the chiropractor is to remove interference that may be impairing normal health through specific chiropractic adjustments, allowing your body to heal itself. A healthy spine and a healthy lifestyle are your keys to optimal health!
What is a chiropractic adjustment?
A chiropractic adjustment is the art of using a specific force in a precise direction, applied to a joint that is subluxated, “locked up,” or not moving properly. The purpose of this safe and natural procedure is to eliminate interference to the nervous system, improving spinal function and overall health. “Gentle spinal adjustments boost your body’s immunity.”
Is chiropractic safe?
Can I adjust myself?
No. Since a chiropractic adjustment is a specific force, applied in a specific direction to a specific joint, it is virtually impossible to adjust oneself correctly and accurately. It is possible to turn or bend or twist in certain ways to create a “popping” sound that sometimes accompanies a chiropractic adjustment. Unfortunately, this type of joint manipulation is usually counterproductive, often making an already unstable spine even more unstable, and can sometimes be dangerous. Adjusting the spine is not for amateurs!
Do children need chiropractic care?
Is chiropractic care addictive?
What causes the sound during an adjustment?
Actually, adjustments do not always produce a sound. Often, however, adjustments do create the sound of a spinal “release,” or “popping” sound. The sound is caused by gas rushing in to fill the partial vacuum created when the joints are slightly separated. This sound is painless and totally harmless.
Can a person who had back surgery see a chiropractor?
Yes. It’s an unfortunate fact that up to half of those who had spinal surgery discover a return of their original symptoms months or years later. They then face the prospect of additional surgery. This too common occurrence is know as “Failed Back Surgery Syndrome.” Chiropractic may help prevent repeated back surgeries. In fact, if chiropractic care is initially, utilized back surgery can often be avoided in the first place.
Is it OK to see a chiropractor if I’m pregnant?
Anytime is a good time for a better functioning nerve system. Pregnant mothers find that chiropractic adjustments improve their pregnancy and make delivery easier for themselves and their baby. Adjusting methods are always adapted to a patients size, weight, age, and condition of health.
What is the difference between a chiropractor and an osteopath?
Does chiropractic work for all types of health problems?
No, however chiropractic care is successful with a very wide variety of health problems not necessarily considered “back” problems because of improved nerve system function. With a normal nerve supply the body’s natural healing capacity can improve a variety of health problems.